Navigation Menu

Friday, February 15, 2013

Happy Titus Day

I want to wish you a Happy Titus Day! If you don't know my husband, he is a pretty special guy. I was so blessed when God brought him into my life 14 years ago.

I'm sure everyone loves to brag about their significant other, but today I have the honor of special bragging rights. My husband's work is actually celebrating this day for him. Yesterday I was forwarded this email from Titus' boss.

    We are so lucky to have so many talented staff supporting the state. I believe most all of us at some point or another have had the privilege to work with Titus. Titus is a Systems Engineer on the Systems team who has developed quite the reputation for solving our most challenging problems. Not a day goes by that you don’t hear someone say “let me ask Titus”….."hmm…I can’t figure this out, I’ll talk to Titus”. And what do we hear in response from Titus no matter how little sleep or coffee he has had?.....

    ……..“I can do that.”



    To recognize Titus throughout the office, Carol, Gopala and I are officially declaring Friday 2/15/2013:

    Titus Day

    Titus, we recognize your talents and are continually amazed by them each day. You have the ability to do most anything so we appreciate that you choose to share your talents with us. Thank you for all you do for each of us each day.

    Staff – Please enjoy a casual jeans day on Friday 2/15/2013 in celebration of Titus Day.

My husband really is happy and willing, to help out whenever he can. God has given him a brilliant mind, and he loves to put it to use.

I have to laugh at myself. When I was younger, I always said I wanted to marry someone unintelligent. I didn't want anyone to be smarter than me. I wanted to be the brains of the family. God has quite the sense of humor. Titus is probably one of the most intelligent people that I know. Nothing ever seems too hard for him. And if he doesn't know it, it won't be for long. He is always learning and adapting to the world around him.

I am so glad that God doesn't always listen to those stupid prayers we pray!

Recently, we watched a movie, Christmas Angel. It's about a little girl, Olivia, who has one wish: to find a husband for her mom. She and her classmates soon discover that the answer to all their wishes lies inside a mysterious abandoned house. Within the house, Olivia finds Elsie Waybright, the Christmas Angel. As the mailbox on the old house fills with Christmas wishes, Elsie and Olivia separate the wishes into 3 different piles.


The first pile is the stupid wishes. Like... I wish I had a million dollars. A teacher who won't assign homework. (Or in my case, a husband who isn't very smart.)

The second pile is the possible wishes. Things that can be bought with money. A new bike for a foster child. A grandma to come home for the holidays.

And the third pile is the impossible. The things that must be left up to God. A father who is an alcoholic. A child who needs a kidney transplant.

It was an inspiring movie. It makes you stop and contemplate all the things in the world that we have the power to change through service. Often times we sit back and watch, maybe feeling a little sorry for the person, but we don't take the time from our busy schedule to be used by God. When we see a need, we need to look for ways to fill it.


My husband really does a wonderful job of serving. He could easily turn down all the individuals that come to him for help. But he does it with a willing heart. I love that about him. I picture God up in heaven smiling down on Titus, saying, "Yes! That's exactly why I created you. You're getting it! Keep on going!"

"God’s kingdom isn’t a matter of what you put in your stomach, for goodness’ sake. It’s what God does with your life as he sets it right, puts it together, and completes it with joy. Your task is to single-mindedly serve Christ. Do that and you’ll kill two birds with one stone: pleasing the God above you and proving your worth to the people around you." Romans 14:17-18

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...