Navigation Menu

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

God's Blessing Box

For a long time now I've wanted to put together a blessing's box for my family. God is so amazing and He fills my cup to overflowing. I cannot put into words how much my God means to me.

God's blessing box

The idea for the box came to me one day when I was feeling down. It can be really hard to get out of a rotten mood. Most of the time it's because you just don't want to. It's often easier to be miserable than it is to be happy.

Living the good life is all about focusing on the positive. It's about your attitude not your circumstances.

1 Thessalonians 5:18

My idea was a blessing's box. I wanted a box full of God's blessings that I could pull out on any occasion. The box would be filled with individual things that God had done. I didn't want it just for myself either. If God did something, or spoke to my kids about anything, I wanted to have a place that I could send my children. I could tell them, "Write it down and put it in the box!"

Life is really about all the little things. We forget how much we have to be thankful for.

A few weeks ago I had a little thing, but to me it felt big!

We were shopping at the Goodwill store, like we so often do. I had my arms full of treasures for me and a movie for my kids. I wasn't willing to buy the kids a toy today. We had other things we were buying.

This of course didn't stop them from finding something they really wanted. Gabe kept bringing me a dinosaur toy. I kept telling him, "Not today. But you can save your money and buy it another day!"

The woman who was checking us out told Gabe to keep it. And then she proceeded to tell my other two that they could pick out any toy they wanted.

What a blessing! Their toys may have only totaled $3, but to me it might have well been $300. I appreciated that woman's kindness so much! God is amazing!
The first thing I put in my blessing's box was the story of this one woman's consideration for my children. I don't ever want to forget it.

Psalm 23:5-6

God's blessings box

"God's blessing makes life rich; nothing we do can improve on God." Proverbs 10:22

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...