Navigation Menu

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

God Has Remembered

I wanted to take this opportunity to give God praise. He is so AMAZING! I am overwhelmed by His presence in my life. The fact that He cares about little ole me gives me strength for each new day.

As I sit and write this, I am missing church with my son, Zechariah. He woke up this morning throwing up and has since been babied all day long. There might have been a few times today that I shed some tears about what I was missing out on from having a sick kid, but right now I am reminded and blessed immensely just to be called his mother. It is my privilege to sit here with him, watching movies on a Wednesday night.

This past weekend, we had a brush with death that hit way too close to home for me. Before I overly concern you, everyone is fine and okay. It is only because of God and His protection that I can claim that for my family. Every time I think of it, tears come to my eyes. My cup overflows with blessings... His unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life.

I have never been more convinced of His angels watching over me and my children. Every day that we have is a gift and it could be here one day and gone the next. We must be making the most of what we've been given.

We spent our Saturday in the typical way of our family for the past couple of months. Gabriel had a soccer game, his final one!

Afterwards we went out for ice cream at Orange Leaf to celebrate. Life was good! It's amazing how much life can change in the blink of an eye.


As we all piled out of the car when we arrived home, it was realized we forgot to return the Redbox movie from the day before. I knew if we didn't do it right then the chances of forgetting about it were very high. Titus offered to run it back right then.

The kids were busy playing and showing off their rock hopping skills to Grandma, when I did the normal head count. I heard my husband start to back quickly out of the driveway right when I spotted Zechariah.

He was behind the car, barely visible above the trunk. I knew Titus couldn't see him. I screamed, "Titus! No!" My husband slammed on the brakes, and I saw my little boy fly right behind the back wheel.

Those seconds were agony. I think when you're in shock time seems to move in slow motion. A few years ago my mom and I witnessed an accident on the interstate while we were coming home from a trip. A car slammed into the median and then spun in a circle right behind us. We missed it by seconds. Both of us remarked about how slowly the car was moving. It literally was probably only 5 seconds or less, but it felt like much more. It seems your brain can't handle what you're seeing and things really do slow down. It was like this for me.

My life changed in those seconds when I saw Zech fly out from behind the car. I imagined life without my son. It was horrific. I saw us in the hospital. I saw my husband torn up over what he'd done. I saw myself helplessly crying out. It all happened in an instant.

Zech started crying but not because he was hurt. I think he experienced the biggest terror of his short life. He kept crying and talking about how scared he was of the car. "I kept runnin'. And I saw daddy drivin' the car. And I thought he was gonna hit me."

Immediately I knew it was God's angels watching over Zechariah. He said he ran from the car, but I saw the quick motion of him flying across. I believe it was an angel throwing him out of harm's way.

"For he will order his angels
to protect you wherever you go.

They will hold you up with their hands
so you won’t even hurt your foot on a stone.
You will trample upon lions and cobras;
you will crush fierce lions and serpents under your feet!

The Lord says, “I will rescue those who love me.
I will protect those who trust in my name.
When they call on me, I will answer;
I will be with them in trouble.
I will rescue and honor them.
I will reward them with a long life
and give them my salvation.”
- Psalm 91: 11-16


Since I was 10 weeks pregnant with Zech, God gave me a promise that he would have a long, full life. God has kept that promise to me time and again. My son has one really terrific guardian angel that has watched over him and protected him. This is no exception. I am continually adding to the list of times God has remembered my son, Zechariah. That is what Zechariah means... God has remembered.

You cannot tell me my son was lucky. There was nothing lucky about it. God was in control. I owe my son's life to Him.

I'll leave you with my four year old quoting Psalm chapter 91 from the New Living Translation. I don't believe it's any coincidence that he learned these verses a few months ago. He spoke them as a blessing over his very own life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...