Navigation Menu

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Zech and I were playing Tic-Tac-Toe together when he started to get really frustrated. I couldn't stop winning the game, and he was determined. He wouldn't give up or let it go! He was dead set on winning before we quit. It may sound like I'm a mean mom for not letting him win, but I wanted him to think it out for himself. What kind of satisfaction is there in someone letting you win?

After the 10th game or so, he yelled out, "Oh God, let me win!"

I was kind of surprised at him. It sounded like he was taking God's name in vain.

He got this really ornery grin on his face and said, "God is going to help me win. You can't beat God!" He laughed.

tic tac toe quiet book page
What am I supposed to do with that? Should I beat "God" fair and square?

It went against everything I believe in; "God" won that game. When it was a choice between playing fair in a game, and helping my child trust in God's help, I chose to boost my son's faith. I figured Zech would be really pleased with his win, but he only said to me, "Now it's my turn to play you!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...