Navigation Menu

Thursday, October 6, 2011

God Made the Sun

One of Zechariah's favorite pastimes is coloring. It's not about drawing pictures, but coloring them in. He does this so very carefully and spends at least an hour each day doing this. He has multiple coloring books and loves to choose new ones.

Earlier this week he was so excited that on the last page of his coloring book, God was in it. I knew it was a Christmas book he was working on, and I figured they must have added a nativity scene in it or something. I was a little surprised when I saw the picture being colored was actually of Santa Claus.


I thought I was probably looking at the wrong page and told him to show me God. He pointed first to Santa and then he pointed to the sun that was in the sky above.

"Remember my teacher said that God made the sun."

When his dad came home from work later that day, he still remembered the picture he had been coloring earlier. He ran to his dad, "God made the sun, Daddy. Remember, my teacher told me that."

"God made two big lights, the larger
to take charge of Day,
The smaller to be in charge of Night;
and he made the stars.
God placed them in the heavenly sky
to light up Earth
And oversee Day and Night,
to separate light and dark.
God saw that it was good.
It was evening, it was morning—
Day Four. "
Genesis 1:16-19

I don't think I'll be looking at Santa the same way this Christmas season. We don't know what God looks like, but maybe He's up in heaven with a big fluffy white beard, a red coat with white collar and cuffs, a black leather belt, and black boots. Just maybe He is...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...