Navigation Menu

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Kids Say the Darndest Things

School started this week, and we haven't had a free moment yet. Ariel is having a big spectacular birthday party next week for her 10th. We've made the celebration pretty huge and it has given me tons of work to do.

As I was working on some party stuff this afternoon, Gabe asked me, "Mom, when did you have your last birthday?"

I thought this was a funny question since it was only a week ago that I turned 29. How could he have forgotten so soon? I stated the obvious, and he replied, "No, I mean your LAST birthday."

I gave him the same answer. I mean what else would he be talking about? My LAST birthday was just seven short days ago.

This time when he asked the question he explained it a little further. "You know, your last birthday is when you stop growing, but you still keep celebrating it each year anyways."

Hmm... that's a tough one. My last birthday could have been my 11th or 12th because my body hasn't grown too much since then. Or, I could say I haven't had my last birthday yet because I'm hopefully always maturing and growing wiser. It's an interesting question to ponder.

Have you stopped growing already? And is that okay? Or should a person ever stop growing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...