Navigation Menu

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Italian Beef Bake

"The way to a man's heart is through his stomach." At least that is the case for my husband when I make this recipe. Titus will always request this meal, but I tend to save it for more special occasions. I like to have something I can make for him that he doesn't normally get, to make him feel that extra special feeling. It's usually cooked on days when I'm feeling like surprising him or when I'm just LOVING him. It's not difficult at all, it just takes a little planning ahead. I normally am a procrastinator when it comes to dinner preparation. My kids will come home from school and always ask me the dreaded question, "What's for dinner?" I usually respond to them by saying, "I DON'T KNOW! Ask me when you smell something cooking." I love to eat, however I do not like to cook. So this meal takes some planning ahead for me because you have to bake it in the oven for 2 hours.

Italian Beef Bake

2lbs beef, cut into strips
1 envelope onion soup mix
1/2 tsp salt
dash of pepper
1 green pepper, cut into strips
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 can whole tomatoes
1 tbs. steak sauce
1 tbs. corn starch


Italian beef bake recipe
Arrange meat in pan, slightly overlapping. Sprinkle with onion soup mix, salt & pepper. Top with green pepper and onion. Chop tomatoes, set aside liquid to use later, place tomatoes in pan. In small bowl combine tomato juice, steak sauce & cornstarch. I usually add another cup of water to it too. Pour liquid over meat and vegetables. Cook in 350° oven for 2 hours. Serve hot over white rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...